When you’re a groom that’s getting ready to for your big wedding day there honestly aren’t a ton of things that you will need to take control of as far as planning goes. This may seem odd at first, but what you’ll soon find out is that not only is it actually in your best interests to not make too many decisions about your wedding, but your soon-to-be wife will actually want to make those decisions herself. However, there is one decision that, as a man, you want to make sure that you handle all by yourself and that decision is what you are going to get for your groomsmen gifts.
You see, your groomsmen gifts, although seemingly not that big of a deal, are something that you should really think about and put some time into before your big day gets here. It might seem like a long time away, but believe me, it gets here before you know it. Getting your mind made up on what type of gifts that you want to give your groomsmen shouldn’t take you all that long to decide, but it’s also something that shouldn’t wait until the last minute (especially if you’re going to get personalized groomsmen gifts).
Cufflinks — The Ultimate Go-To Groomsmen Gift
Although it may sound very cliche and way overdone, getting cufflinks for your groomsmen is still a very solid choice. Personally, I didn’t go with the cufflinks option ( I instead went with a more unique groomsmen gift option), but I still feel that if it’s something you want to roll with you can totally get a way with it for a few reasons:
- Each of your groomsmen can wear them during your wedding, so they’re very useful.
- Evey man needs a nice set of cufflinks, even if they’re almost never going to use them.
- There are some really interesting and personalized cufflink options available, so they by no means need to be boring.
There plenty more reasons out there why you shouldn’t feel bad about giving your groomsmen some new cufflinks, but I guess that what I’m trying to say is that you should give them without worrying about it — especially if you spice it up a bit with some of the cool cufflink option that you can read about below.
What Kind Of Cufflinks Should I Get?
After you decide that you’re definitely going with the cufflinks option, the next thing that you need to figure out is how to make the most of an impact with them. Feel free to get a little funky with your cufflinks and I would highly suggest that you personalize each set of cufflinks to the guy that you’re planning on giving them to. This might seem like common sense, but be sure to put some real thought into so that they mean more than just a couple of contraptions that make their nice shirts look classier.
If you’re looking for some inspiration on what cufflinks to actually buy, here are some pretty sweet options that I found:
1. Ballpark Cufflinks: I’m not sure if this is something that you’re groomsmen would be into or not, but if they’re really into baseball then these might be the way to go. The colors of the cufflinks are coordinated with the colors of seats and other items at some of baseballs most popular stadiums, which I guess would be pretty cool to any die hard fan. I’m just not sure how many people are going to wear a nice shirt and cufflinks to a baseball game, but hey, that’s just me. Also, just a heads up, these things aren’t cheap (over $100 per set), so be ready to drop some cash if you’re considering giving them out.
2. GROOMSMAN and BESTMAN Cufflinks: What better way to let your guys know the important role that they play in your wedding (and your life) by giving them cufflinks that say ‘BESTMAN’ and GROOMSMAN’ on them? Of course, the only bad thing about these is that they’re never going to be able to wear them again unless, of course, they happen to be in another wedding. These are a cheap option, too (only $15 per set), so you could actually pair these up with a personalized flask or something if you wanted to.
3. Sports-themed NFL Groomsmen Cufflinks: If your groomsmen are into the pigskin, then these NFL cufflinks might be the thing that your guys would love. For about $50 a pop you can order a set of these bad boys and let the football fanboy in all of your groomsmen fly free during your wedding. Also, these obviously aren’t wedding specific, so they could easily be worn to work or any other nice event that your groomsmen went to after your big day. I always think that giving a gift that has a life longer than an hour is always a good idea and these definitely will stand the test of time (as long as they don’t switch favorite teams, of course).
I hope that this helps you choose the right cufflinks for your groomsmen and if none of these options seem like something you’re into, there are plenty of other options out there for you. Just be sure to give your groomsmen something that’s fun, memorable and that shows each of them just how much it means to you to have them in your wedding. Everything beyond that is gravy, so good luck, thanks for reading and have a great wedding!